Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigersAreBetter

Junior
Reaction score
Almost as good as paying Josh Reynolds $750K a year to play reserve grade.
Sorry, did he stay with Tigers or leave??? Good comeback but Reynolds is playing reserve grade cos we have 2 dominant halves at the moment anyway

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Admin people.

I am beginning to suspect TigersAreBetter may not be tru blu. Could we forward him/her a list of cowboys trivia questions to check he is bone fide? For example, "Which player wore the number one jersey in the cowboys first ever game?"

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Who really wore the number one in the cowboys first game? Your first answer was not correct. 99% of cowboys supporters wouldn't know it either though.

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Which location will the tigers be relocated to when they inevitably get pushed out of Sydney?

A) Perth
B) Brisbane
C) Adelaide
D) Fold
Don't say that!!! I'm a short stroll from Lilyfield Rectangle....granted Tigers play a shit brand of footy, but it's still footy!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Are the Tigers still a ‘thing’?

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Looks like "Tigers are Better" has been infected by the Cowboy's hype virus. Except for his name, he has not got to eat too much crow. He now understands " Not in a small way, how we do it our way. "

Being a Cowboy is " character building "

Rumbo

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
The only fullback on the market for next year is Gutho which we won't get anyway. If Holmes doesn't come back were screwed which is why the Cows should properly just put Feldt back there and see how he goes.

At hooker we should really be looks at getting Rein/Reeve Robson/Brailey then put Granville on the bench and give him 30mins and do what hes does best which is run.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
The fullback needs to organise the team's defence. Directing players who are out of position. This responsibility must not be given to Kyle Feldt.

The fullback should ideally be an excellent passer of the football. How often has anyone seen Kyle pass the ball?

I suspect that the Feldt to fullback idea is coming from people who have never played there. They see a winger and think ......'this guy would be a great fullback'. Kyle is not Holmes, Inglis, Minichiello or Brasher.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
But, he can catch a ball backwards. That's got to help. We are in a world of hurt, so we have to appreciate small mercies.

Reactions: Jax

bundy bear

Qld Cup Player
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
i wonder how cheap Bevan French would be, can play fullback or wing and has speed to burn.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
We should set our sights on Zak Woolford, son of Canberra great Simon. Left the dogs last year for a clearer path to First Grade after staring all year in NSW Cup which culminated in him being MOTM in their NSW Cup grand final win. Has got to the Knights and is still languishing in reserve grade due to coach Brown being a nuffie. I’ve watched him a few times in NSW Cup and he is exactly what we need in a hooker. Is desperate for a first grade opportunity and off contract at the end of this year.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Like nahla said in another thread, Harry Grant should be our man. Only just turned 21, won't get a shot at the Storm and kills it every week in Qld Cup.

KirwanKrazy

Junior
Reaction score
You know our systems are fkd when Hess is plodding around and Lowe gets offloaded to Souths for Bennett to get some useful production out of him.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
We lost all credibility on the Stampede when our howls for change were finally acknowledged. Then, crap happens, and we lost all momentum. It will take us another five years here to regain our respectability as Advisors.

As I have said in other threads, being a Cowboy is CHARACTER BUILDING.

GREEN has left the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.