Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
What’s this got to do with a cowboys recruitment?
Recruitment target for us as BDR said, now ex-coach of the Blackhawks. Would've been a great assistant pick-up to replace Green eventually.

Wouldn't surprise me if we target him in life after Greeny.

You wake up on the wrong side of the bed @Metro? Haha

ausmojo

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
My understanding is a lot of the guys don't like Woolf. They didn't like his player management style. Obviously he has his supporters but most of the group at the Blackhawks were against him

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
My understanding is a lot of the guys don't like Woolf. They didn't like his player management style. Obviously he has his supporters but most of the group at the Blackhawks were against him
How come? What was his player management style?

I honestly don't know enough about him to comment either way. The Tongan team seem pretty upset they sacked him.

Ratman

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I was coached by wolf when i was younger and he seemed like a proper dickhead back then.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Absolute scenes when Payney does what Woolf couldn't and the Blackhawks win the prem.

Reactions: BDR

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I know Coach Woolf can assemble a good team, but I don’t know if he can win a premiership.
Maybe he has been handed the keys to a good club with his gig in England, see if he can get success-Nrl clubs are waiting to see it too

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Coach Payne has a lot of belief in the playing groups camaraderie and belief.

Would be sweet comeback for Chudleigh to win pship...he’s had a excellent comeback season

ausmojo

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
On the Ranch podcast cryptically reporting that un-named player (Hampton) has agreed to a two year extension.
This answers my question from couple days ago

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
ATM I don't think we're looking too bad for 2020. There are still some signings to come but as I see it our top grade squad is:

1. Drinkwater
2. Feldt
3. Opacic
4. O'Neill
5. Taulagi
6. Morgan
7. Clifford
8. McQuire
9. Granville?
10. McLean
11. Hess
12. Wright
13. Taumalolo
14. Robson
15. Asiata
16. Molo
17. Hola

Then we've got as backup or trial form:
Cooper, Hampton, Gilbert, Cotter, TMM?, + others

Many are quick to judge, but that's a handy team if you ask me. Then we have to take into consideration that we have a shit load of room left in the salary cap. Are we in as dire straits as some are saying?

BRING ON 2020!

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
You just know green will have Hampton at bench utility, TMM back at 6 and Cooper starting

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
ATM I don't think we're looking too bad for 2020. There are still some signings to come but as I see it our top grade squad is:

1. Drinkwater
2. Feldt
3. Opacic
4. O'Neill
5. Taulagi
6. Morgan
7. Clifford
8. McQuire
9. Granville?
10. McLean
11. Hess
12. Wright
13. Taumalolo
14. Robson
15. Asiata
16. Molo
17. Hola

Then we've got as backup or trial form:
Cooper, Hampton, Gilbert, Cotter, TMM?, + others

Many are quick to judge, but that's a handy team if you ask me. Then we have to take into consideration that we have a shit load of room left in the salary cap. Are we in as dire straits as some are saying?

BRING ON 2020!

A positive post, refreshing (not sarcastic). On paper they look good, I thought they looked good this year too, on paper. However as a team they hadn't evolved and they came out of the blocks like they didn't have a pre-season together and pretty much continued to play this way all year. In the top 30 squad I'd also like to see a new play book.