Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So the first article says Granville only has one more year with us. the second says 2 more, which is what I was led to believe was the case. Let’s see how this unfolds eh......... seeing a competent hooker would be nice, been a couple of years since we had one....

Chemicalspill

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
So the first article says Granville only has one more year with us. the second says 2 more, which is what I was led to believe was the case. Let’s see how this unfolds eh......... seeing a competent hooker would be nice, been a couple of years since we had one....
I too am struggling to follow the story. It makes out the Cowboys are impressed with Cotter and his debut which apparently = play him again way down the track when it is irrelevant.

Revivous

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
I'd probably say Cotter will get an extended Dev contract like what GOATBert and Dan Russell are on. The blokes still 20 so Greeny will have him in reggies until the year after. Why did we sign Granny for so long, ugh.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Green and Parr have a lot to answer for for re-signing Granville for so long and also secretly resigning O’Neill.

Two duds these days who should have been let go.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
While I am still wearing my cranky pants.

Report: Off-contract Cowboy considering code switch

Push someone out and put in another player who is considering swapping codes.... As a club, we certainly seem to live day to day.
I'm not too concerned with losing Kahu. Always thought he was keen to switch to Rugby anyway. Plus beside the fact he's injury prone I think he's been pretty average this year. You can tell he's kind of kicking stones when he has to play anywhere other than fullback.

Tunza

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I'm not too concerned with losing Kahu. Always thought he was keen to switch to Rugby anyway. Plus beside the fact he's injury prone I think he's been pretty average this year. You can tell he's kind of kicking stones when he has to play anywhere other than fullback.
Centre options for next season, assuming Kahu leaves (* signed for 2020):

Right Centre: Ramien / Opacic* / Tuala / Taulagi* / Russell*
Left Centre: Hess* / O'Neill* / Bowen / Wiltshire

Could probably toss Hampton* in there somewhere as well.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Meh Kahu. Solid player but easily replaced. I always thought he was just playing here for one year anyway.

Chemicalspill

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
No, I'm not concerned either. I wasn't very clear.

I am wondering why give a game to a guy like that who could be leaving and was always thinking about it, when you have young blokes who need time in FG?

Tunza

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Val Holmes Jets Update (4:12 remaining in 4th quarter vs Falcons):

Runs: 0
Rushing yards: 0
Receptions: 0
Targets: 0
Receiving yards: 0
Combined yards: 0
Kick Returns: 0
Punt Returns: 0
Snaps: 0

Bangkok Cowboy

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Meh Kahu. Solid player but easily replaced. I always thought he was just playing here for one year anyway.
I was speaking with Wayne Ulugia who is good mates with Jordan and he told me that Jordan was going to union after this year. This was when Jordan first arrived at the club.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Green and Parr have a lot to answer for for re-signing Granville for so long and also secretly resigning O’Neill.

Which 2, Jake & Justin or Peter & Paul

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score

Re-signing Thumper over Tamou really came back to bite us too. We always go with experience over youth. Parr guilty of it as much as Greeny.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Re-signing Thumper over Tamou really came back to bite us too. We always go with experience over youth. Parr guilty of it as much as Greeny.
Tamou’s missus wanted out, there was never a choice between keeping one of the 2. And let’s be honest, both him and Scott have been very average the last 2 years.

I don’t think letting Tamou go has been that big a deal mate.

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Tamou’s missus wanted out, there was never a choice between keeping one of the 2. And let’s be honest, both him and Scott have been very average the last 2 years.

I don’t think letting Tamou go has been that big a deal mate.
17-18' he was quite poor but he's been better than Scott and on less coin. He's been one of Penrith's best this year too.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
17-18' he was quite poor but he's been better than Scott and on less coin. He's been one of Penrith's best this year too.
Mate I’d say Tamou is on more coin tbh. Arguing over who has been poorer is like arguing cancer vs aids and which one is worse......

Jordan Mclean can also feature in these ‘aids v cancer’ discussions. Has been a massive flop, we have chased this guy for years and when we finally get him he’s either been injured or playing like a skirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.