Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He’s one our contracted U20s players. The club doesn’t mention them much unless they make a rep team or something like that.

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
The Jets game has just begun if anyone's interested. He isn't expected to play until the third or fourth quarter but.

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
They had an hour delay in the first quarter for weather concerns..
Val had Two runs for 1 yard so far

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Jets beat writers on Twitter have been positive about him. Most are emphasising his good hands and pace. Certainly not raving about him but they are calling it a solid debut.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
He did alright.

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
eh nothing special, wasn't worth the four hours I spent watching.
When is his next game if he has one?

River

Bench Warmer
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching the Melb game will see a young bloke running around called Nicho Hynes.
He was a Cutter for 2 season before switching to the Falcons this season. He signed mid-season with the storm and can play 5/8, Fullback and Centre.
Clearly we have higher standards than the Storm.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Anyone watching the Melb game will see a young bloke running around called Nicho Hynes.
He was a Cutter for 2 season before switching to the Falcons this season. He signed mid-season with the storm and can play 5/8, Fullback and Centre.
Clearly we have higher standards than the Storm.
From what I saw, it was a good debut.

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I know we all have serious questions about the Cowboys recruitment and coaching but I'm starting to see an obvious difference between us and Melbourne.........

Sunshine Coast Falcons vs Pride, Cutters and Blackhawks.

At some point there has to be questions about "Jobs for the Boys"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It's official:

Cowboys sign Junior Kangaroo
Cowboys.com.au
Mon 12 Aug 2019, 03:59 PM

Junior Kangaroos hooker Reece Robson has agreed to a four-year deal with the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys beginning in 2020 and running through the end of the 2023 season.

The 21-year-old has played eight NRL games since making his debut for St George Illawarra in Round 9 last season.

A talented dummy-half, Robson has also played as a running forward in his six appearances for the Dragons in 2019.

A graduate of renowned rugby league nursery Endeavour Sports High School, Robson represented the Junior Kangaroos in both 2017 and 2018 and was named the under 20s NSW State Player of the Year at the Brad Fittler Medal Awards last season. He was also a member of the NSW Residents side this season.

“We believe Reece Robson is one of the best young hookers in the competition,” Cowboys Director of Football Peter Parr said.

“Strong dummy half play is crucial to any side and Reece’s signing gives us significant depth in an extremely important position.”

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2019/08/12/cowboys-sign-junior-kangaroo/

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Jake will be a great utility player, he'll live upto the lofty standards of RKJ :)

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Robson signing is good news. With Drinkwater, Clifford, Robson around I finally feel like we might get some evolution in the playmaking unit