Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Binky

Junior
Reaction score
As good as Arrow is I dont think we should go for him, we have big $$$ tied up I Tuamalolo,McGuire and McLean, and good upcoming props in Molo and Jensen if he stays. The cap money would be better spent beefing up and backs.

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
As good as Arrow is I dont think we should go for him, we have big $$$ tied up I Tuamalolo,McGuire and McLean, and good upcoming props in Molo and Jensen if he stays. The cap money would be better spent beefing up and backs.
Also Pere, Gilbert, Bayliss-Brow & Hola. We have forwards for days. We need more backs, haha!

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
If we were to replace Greeny, who would we get? Not like there's a bunch of first grade coaches lining up that I'd like.

List of out of work/looking for work/potential replacement NRL coaches:

- Jason Demetriou
- Marc Brentnall
- Neil Henry
- Geoff Toovey
- Anthony Griffin
- Paul McGregor (off contract 2019)
- Garth Brennan
- Kevin Walters
- Brad Fittler
- Trent Barrett
- John Cartwright
- Jason Taylor
- Mick Potter
- Shane Flanagan
- Tim Sheens
- Kristian Woolf

Not many, if any on this list that I'd even want. Maybe Carty or Demetriou.
I would take Kristian Woolf, he had success in his time up here and is well-known and respected by a solid core of players who came through our u20s system and more recently the Blackhawks.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
If we were to replace Greeny, who would we get? Not like there's a bunch of first grade coaches lining up that I'd like.

- Jason Demetriou
- Marc Brentnall
- Neil Henry
- Geoff Toovey
- Anthony Griffin
- Garth Brennan
- Kevin Walters
- Brad Fittler
- Trent Barrett
- John Cartwright
- Jason Taylor
- Mick Potter
- Shane Flanagan
- Tim Sheens
- Kristian Woolf

As much as I dislike the bloke. I'd go for Flanagan. (Broken)Hard nose coach, Sharks were a tough, gritty side under him. Still are to a degree. We've always had a softness to us for most of the seasons. In parts Henry and Green tightened up our defensive structures, Green more so. Very hypothetical, but what about Craig Fitzgibbon? Another great clubman, strong on defence and doesn't take shit aswell

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Shane Flanagan is a very good coach. Obviously comes with baggage though.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Shane Flanagan is a very good coach. Obviously comes with baggage though.
Alot of excoaches do. Flanagan, had an aging roster aswell. Got the most of them, compared to some of our older statesman. Morris has blooded some of the younger guys and they're are very good 1st year players. In all honesty, if he doesn't come here, I wouldn't want to see him coaching NRL again. How many chances does he get?

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Doubt Green would leave but if he did Jason Demetriou would be my pick. He was assistant when we won the comp. Two minor premierships, a premiership and a state championship in two years at the Pride. Won the NSW Cup and state championship in his first year at the Dragons in 2016.

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It'd kinda be contradictory to release Nene and then sign Flanno too I reckon.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It'd kinda be contradictory to release Nene and then sign Flanno too I reckon.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As if Flanno was going to have no contact with the club he coaches for an entire year. That clause was just destined to fail. No coach in the world would be able to adhere to that. All he's guilty of there is the stupidity of not being able to cover his tracks properly. Even moreso that it all escalated from a self reported salary cap anomaly.

Last edited:

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Butch, I do not think the loose lifestyle on the Coast would suit you. You would be homesick very quickly.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score

- Jason Demetriou
- Marc Brentnall
- Neil Henry
- Geoff Toovey
- Anthony Griffin
- Garth Brennan
- Kevin Walters
- Brad Fittler
- Trent Barrett
- John Cartwright
- Jason Taylor
- Mick Potter
- Shane Flanagan
- Tim Sheens
- Kristian Woolf

Not Cartwrong, Demetriou would be good though.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Latu getting 500k is the heist of the century, he's never been a 150k player on his best day and even that is a stretch
He was a good player at Penrith. Somethings goin on, he can't get much of a game with the Titans

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He was a good player at Penrith. Somethings goin on, he can't get much of a game with the Titans
I think he has been named in the starting side this weekend and Moe has gone to the bench. Storm have all their Origin players out except Finnucine.

For what it is worth, apparently the Titans have lifted at training this week compared to the week before their Panther's loss. Word was they treated that week as a joke like they knew what was coming with Brennan and it is said that 3 of them actually smiled when they heard the Coach was gone.

Hopefully they can lift in the remaining games and take out a few teams in the 6th 7th and 8th position making our task just a bit easier. Won't be happening this week though.

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I'd still rather have Arrow than any of our other forwards apart from Jase. He performs every week. We can only say that about Moose and Jase.