Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Mole Warning on this one, but supposedly we have given Green permission to seek the Maroons job if Walters gets the axe.
Cowboys and Maroons linking up seems to cause us more drama's than benefits, but I'll always be optimistic. Hopefully the opportunity gives Greeny some extra motivation and he takes his coaching career to another level. I always thought it probably didn't do down too well when he was (seemingly) blocked by the club last time it was up for grabs, but then Parry was (again, seemingly) allowed to play a significant role for the NSW side.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
The commitments that go with being the Maroons coach have expanded a lot in the last 10 years. Not a fan of a club coach doing both roles. Not sure there is enough time in the day at that time of the year to do both.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
This is the real test for Parr and Green. Cooper and Scott need to retire. Bolton too. It's definately time for the new generation to take over.
Can someone with a more expert eye than me explain how Bolton gets selected above Corey Jensen? His defence is continually found wanting and his ruck speed appears to me to be sooooo sssssllllllooooooooowwwwwww.

Reactions: CC

Thurman Merman

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone with a more expert eye than me explain how Bolton gets selected above Corey Jensen? His defence is continually found wanting and his ruck speed appears to me to be sooooo sssssllllllooooooooowwwwwww.
He's just in a multi-season form slump and is bound to return to form any time now...

Bongohead667

First Grader
Reaction score
Our club is a real 'jobs for the boys' type of club. Players in our premiership team seem to be nearly untouchable. The articles about Cooper wanting another contract are really worrying. Dunn, Wright and Hess should be our second rowers already. Cooper hasn't dropped off as bad as Bolton and Scott but he really should hang em up or go to england.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Our club is a real 'jobs for the boys' type of club. Players in our premiership team seem to be nearly untouchable. The articles about Cooper wanting another contract are really worrying. Dunn, Wright and Hess should be our second rowers already. Cooper hasn't dropped off as bad as Bolton and Scott but he really should hang em up or go to england.
Hess???? He had his crack as a starter and has proven he’s not up to it. Dunny would still be there if he wasn’t injured, Wright has been playing off the bench or starting the last 8 weeks or so, probably not the players you need to be championing tbh.......

CairnsCow

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
They are talking up Green to take the Titans job on FOX. Or talk that the Titans maybe approaching Green.

Bongohead667

First Grader
Reaction score
Hess???? He had his crack as a starter and has proven he’s not up to it. Dunny would still be there if he wasn’t injured, Wright has been playing off the bench or starting the last 8 weeks or so, probably not the players you need to be championing tbh.......
Hess off the bench, yes. Trim him back a few kilo closer to when he first entered first grade and let him be the impact weapon he's made for.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He’s contracted?
Could be a mutual agreement thing? I have cooled on the "Green out" idea but I could see the club being willing to cut him loose considering the fat contract he just signed to last year and our mediocre results.

Don't really buy the story though to be honest.

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
If we were to replace Greeny, who would we get? Not like there's a bunch of first grade coaches lining up that I'd like.

List of out of work/looking for work/potential replacement NRL coaches:

- Jason Demetriou
- Marc Brentnall
- Neil Henry
- Geoff Toovey
- Anthony Griffin
- Paul McGregor (off contract 2019)
- Garth Brennan
- Kevin Walters
- Brad Fittler
- Trent Barrett
- John Cartwright
- Jason Taylor
- Mick Potter
- Shane Flanagan
- Tim Sheens
- Kristian Woolf

Not many, if any on this list that I'd even want. Maybe Carty or Demetriou.