Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I do not think the report said that. It was delicately written that inferred they had agreed to a ?

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
He was pretty keen on returning to North Queensland so maybe he'll just play q cup for the Pride and hope for the best?

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
It’s possible the club told him to go and clean himself up and they’d look at him again in the future if he has turned things around.

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
What about if we get JT to pull the boots back on again for the last few rounds? Player 30.

Harden up Jonno, the club needs you!

#JT430

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bundy bear

Qld Cup Player
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
He is good depth, hope we re-sign him for 1-2 years.
I think he could make the switch to Centre with a good preseason under his belt, has good foot work and already defends in the line at 5/8 now.

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I think he could make the switch to Centre with a good preseason under his belt, has good foot work and already defends in the line at 5/8 now.
What’s this obsession some people have with playing players (e.g Linnett should play second row, Morgo should play fullback) out of position. Pretty obvious from the 2017 GF run that Te Maire’s best position is as a 5/8.

bundy bear

Qld Cup Player
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
What’s this obsession some people have with playing players (e.g Linnett should play second row, Morgo should play fullback) out of position. Pretty obvious from the 2017 GF run that Te Maire’s best position is as a 5/8.
Te Maire’s Is not going to force Morgan out of 5/8 and I think he has the potential to be a better Centre than Kahu.

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Some players have the capability to play in more than one position, like Luke Lewis for example, played origin on the wing then as time went on he developed into a fine back rower. I dont think it necessarily means they should switch positions right now, but it can be an option to get a bit more life out of some footballers.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Just saw this on Facey:

View attachment 1384

We sign him on a two-year, no f***-ups deal for $150k-$200k (there were rumours he was on $300k-$400k) after he has completed rehab and shows genuine remorse and change - I'd be cool with him coming back.

I know that Sharks tried that with Barba and they made them go to market value. Nene is busted and has issues on and off the field - not out the realms of speculation to get him cheaper then we did, especially if he wants to stay up here.

Thoughts?

I'd still like to see us stick with GGM but I know he doesn't really fit into Greeny's world view.
I had heard Nene's contract was in the $150-$200k mark. I've stated my opinion that I'd like him to get another chance, but I'm not going to complain about the club parting ways with him.

Bongohead667

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
This is the real test for Parr and Green. Cooper and Scott need to retire. Bolton too. It's definately time for the new generation to take over.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I had heard Nene's contract was in the $150-$200k mark. I've stated my opinion that I'd like him to get another chance, but I'm not going to complain about the club parting ways with him.
Wow, I doubt it being that low. If it's true, (at the time)it was an absolute steal.