Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
OK time for a break for some members so we can move on from this. Everyone getting stuck into MPWFan, do yourselves a favour and put him on mute, there's a tendency obviously to be contrarian for the fun of it and run around in circles clogging threads rehashing the same stuff, so don't put yourselves thru it.

Let's all move on from the subject of past players let go thru retention and/or discipline for a while and focus on the future. Who's the good targets out there, and who should we retain from the current squad as priority.

Thurman Merman

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
No pressure on the kid but I kind of expect him to light it up from the get go. Lol.
I understand you are in regular contact with the Bolton family. Can you please confirm how many years he has secretly been extended for so we can understand why he's getting games ahead of up and coming players, especially with the season all but gone.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
At the risk of igniting another debate;

Does Ethan Lowe play another Origin game ?

I say NO.

Bongohead667

First Grader
Reaction score
Anyone else notice we seem to be going from one combative person around here to another lately? Stop responding to them please. Mute / block doesn't work when a threads entire debate is one person arguing with everyone else.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice we seem to be going from one combative person around here to another lately? Stop responding to them please. Mute / block doesn't work when a threads entire debate is one person arguing with everyone else.
I’m jumping on board this train.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I like mpw fanboy as a poster but things have got a bit too heated and personal lately so probably best for everyone if he has a short break so the whole situation can hopefully cool down a bit.

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Most knew what Lowe was capable of. His form slump last year is greatly exaggerated by some on here. While not at his best, he didn’t deserve to be show the door. Maybe if Green had have shown the faith, he could be back at his best in Cowboys colours, and not wearing red and green.
Exactly this. He was still a much better option than Coen Hess for a vast majority of the season.

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Just saw this on Facey:

We sign him on a two-year, no f***-ups deal for $150k-$200k (there were rumours he was on $300k-$400k) after he has completed rehab and shows genuine remorse and change - I'd be cool with him coming back.

I know that Sharks tried that with Barba and they made them go to market value. Nene is busted and has issues on and off the field - not out the realms of speculation to get him cheaper then we did, especially if he wants to stay up here.

Thoughts?

I'd still like to see us stick with GGM but I know he doesn't really fit into Greeny's world view.

Last edited:

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Would be okay with us signing Nene back pending his completion of some kind of sobriety/rehab program.

I don't think that will happen though, if they had interest in keeping him they probably could have and it wouldn't have been a massive deal

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
I'd still like to see us stick with GGM but I know he doesn't really fit into Greeny's world view.
When is he back? I'd like to see him get a few games to settle into the side. Only way to get a clear picture if he has what it takes long term. That last game he played showed promise before and after the injury.

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
When is he back? I'd like to see him get a few games to settle into the side. Only way to get a clear picture if he has what it takes long term. That last game he played showed promise before and after the injury.
4-5 weeks was reported a couple days ago

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I like mpw fanboy as a poster but things have got a bit too heated and personal lately so probably best for everyone if he has a short break so the whole situation can hopefully cool down a bit.
We have Thommo's Saloon. How about something that recognises Fanboy's contribution to the forum. e.g. 'The MPW fanboy garden bar'?

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Just saw this on Facey:

View attachment 1384

We sign him on a two-year, no f***-ups deal for $150k-$200k (there were rumours he was on $300k-$400k) after he has completed rehab and shows genuine remorse and change - I'd be cool with him coming back.

I know that Sharks tried that with Barba and they made them go to market value. Nene is busted and has issues on and off the field - not out the realms of speculation to get him cheaper then we did, especially if he wants to stay up here.

Thoughts?

So Nene reckons he's gonna return? Gee that's nice of the bloke. Any idea when he wants to drop by?............

Seriously, didn't the club just tear up his contract or was that an assumption?

Status
Not open for further replies.