Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
f*** me dead. There needs to be an IQ test that you have to pass before being able to register on here.
Finally, I agree with you on that point. You scream blue murder because you believe we supposedly lost Ponga to keep Coote, yet you scream blue murder we let Lowe go and keep Wright.:banghead:

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Finally, I agree with you on that point. You scream blue murder because you believe we supposedly lost Ponga to keep Coote, yet you scream blue murder we let Lowe go and keep Wright.:banghead:
Both have gone on to make their debuts for Queensland. What has Wright done apart from his last start where he played his best game for the club?

Your argument is appallingly bad.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He was basically told in no uncertain terms that he wasn’t in Paul Green’s plans for this season with a year to run on Ethan’s contract. The door may have been a year away from being walked through, but it was definitely communicated to him that he didn’t have a future at the club.
Speculation

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Both have gone on to make their debuts for Queensland. What has Wright done apart from his last start where he played his best game for the club?

Your argument is appallingly bad.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:banghead::banghead:

Reactions: CC

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Of course you don’t. The club can do no wrong according to the apologists on here.

“I just sort of got a feeling that I wasn’t in the plans long term. It was a vibe from how last year ended and how pre-season was going. I felt, I guess, I was a bit on the outer”

The departure of Angus Crichton to join archrivals the Sydney Roosters left a void in the Rabbitohs back row.

Bennett has opted to shift Sam Burgess from lock on to the right edge vacated by Crichton and to start young gun Cameron Murray in the middle.

This means Lowe has been coming off the bench but even that is a better prospect than what he was facing in Townsville.

“I was trying to figure out where I was going be up there and this opportunity to come here came up,” he said.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Of course you don’t. The club can do no wrong according to the apologists on here.

“I just sort of got a feeling that I wasn’t in the plans long term. It was a vibe from how last year ended and how pre-season was going. I felt, I guess, I was a bit on the outer”

The departure of Angus Crichton to join archrivals the Sydney Roosters left a void in the Rabbitohs back row.

Bennett has opted to shift Sam Burgess from lock on to the right edge vacated by Crichton and to start young gun Cameron Murray in the middle.

This means Lowe has been coming off the bench but even that is a better prospect than what he was facing in Townsville.

“I was trying to figure out where I was going be up there and this opportunity to come here came up,” he said.

Is this "basically told in no uncertain terms" to you?

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Is this "basically told in no uncertain terms" to you?
It was quite clearly communicated to him in one way or another that he wasn’t in Paul Greens plans for the season and would be languishing in QCup for the year.

I’d imagine an honest conversation between him and Green would have happened too when Lowe received the offer from Souths, confirming what Lowe already knew.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It was quite clearly communicated to him in one way or another that he wasn’t in Paul Greens plans for the season and would be languishing in QCup for the year.

I’d imagine an honest conversation between him and Green would have happened too when Lowe received the offer from Souths, confirming what Lowe already knew.
So speculation then, gotcha. Just making sure

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
So speculation then, gotcha. Just making sure
No. It’s confirmed you dolt. He felt he was on the outer by the way Green treated him during pre season. He’s no longer at the club. Put two and two together. Lowe didn’t just leave the club to take up a bench spot at best, at Souths for no reason ffs.

The apologists on here are rugby league’s version of flat earthers. I feel dumber for reading these attempts at justifying the clubs poor handling of Ethan Lowe.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Ànd this is fact :D

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Ànd this is fact :D
Notice how I said i’d imagine at the beginning of the sentence, suggesting that it is of my opinion, and not a substantiated claim, space cadet.

Though given what Lowe has done for the club, you’d have to be seriously deluded to think Lowe exited the club without an honest conversation happening between him and Green.

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
No. It’s confirmed you dolt. He felt he was on the outer by the way Green treated him during pre season. He’s no longer at the club. Put two and two together. Lowe didn’t just leave the club to take up a bench spot at best, at Souths for no reason ffs.

The apologists on here are rugby league’s version of flat earthers. I feel dumber for reading these attempts at justifying the clubs poor handling of Ethan Lowe.
Immediately when I see someone call another person 'dolt' it just brings up images of neckbeards. Who in their right mind talks like that in the real world? Jesus christ.

So, 'putting two and two together' is another phrase for concrete evidence is it? Sounds alot like speculation to me. God damn you make this forum hard to come to.

Reactions: BDR

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I suppose we are lucky Ethan didn't have a holiday on Maggie island and hire a moke !

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Immediately when I see someone call another person 'dolt' it just brings up images of neckbeards. Who in their right mind talks like that in the real world? Jesus christ.

So, 'putting two and two together' is another phrase for concrete evidence is it? Sounds alot like speculation to me. God damn you make this forum hard to come to.
Do be a space cadet, a dolt and an apologist. Life is looking ok

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score

Dolt is the nicest word possible I can use to describe some of the people that post on here without being nasty and hurting feelings.

Ethan has stated he felt on the outer ffs. He took up an offer leaving the town he loves to at best come off the bench for Souths. Everything is all out in front you. If you honestly believe the club and coach Green are not at fault for Ethan no longer being at the club then I applaud you for announcing to the forum of your single digit IQ.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Geezzz ... calm down.

Ethan has been solid for Souths, gets picked from almost obscurity (Bradbury style) for Q and plays a blinder. Good on him, he was outstanding.

Would this have happened if he stayed at Cowboys??? Who knows.

A change in environment and a shift out of his comfort zone has done him wonders.

Ethan is happy with where he is at, the Cowboys are happy with their decision. Move on, there is no story here.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Ethan is happy with where he is at, the Cowboys are happy with their decision. Move on, there is no story here.
Yes there is. There is an ever growing list of players who are over looked by Paul Green that go on to excel at their next club and are often recognised by being selected in representative sides.

There is something seriously wrong when a coach banishes a player to QCup for effectively the whole season barring injuries. Then in the space of a couple of months gets picked for origin and stars off the back of getting an opportunity at another club.