Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Predictions

Where will the Cowboys finish on the ladder in 2019?

• Total voters

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Where will the Cowboys finish the regular season?: 4th

Best Signing: Val Holmes

Most Improved Player: Rueben Cotter

Most Tries: Kyle Feldt

Who will make their Origin debut?: Jordan McLean, Kyle Feldt

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
OH Boy, we all need to visit the Physic expo before making bold predictions next year.

Dont know who it was but someone with some good foresight had us finishing 12th, probably @paulo_w.
Everybody else had us playing finals, are we an optimistic bunch or just delusional :depressed::depressed::depressed:

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Interesting that nobody picked Opacic as our best signing this year, and there is a very strong argument to say that he has been our best signing. I'd have put Moose in front of him, but his discipline has let him down.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
OH Boy, we all need to visit the Physic expo before making bold predictions next year.

Dont know who it was but someone with some good foresight had us finishing 12th, probably @paulo_w.
Everybody else had us playing finals, are we an optimistic bunch or just delusional :depressed::depressed::depressed:
It was Paulo hahaha. You can see by clicking on the votes who each one was.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
It was Paulo hahaha. You can see by clicking on the votes who each one was.
I hope he is allowed back next season, apart from the incessant harping about KP, a good portion of his predictions have come to fruition.
I mean surely he couldn't be any worse than mpwfanboy when he went fully rabid

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

samuraipolice

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Injury free and if barba and nene weren't naughty boys I reckon 8th wouldn't be too ridiculous.

Desert Qlder

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It seems I wisely avoided this thread thankfully.

Jordan Maclean must be an incredible disappointment to so many. Big money, supposed leader, complete pillow.

Shouldn't be anywhere near an Origin jumper.

samuraipolice

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Ok Greeny
If we won 3 more games we're inside the 8.
Think about if Feldt wasn't injured the first 2 months, or if Jason wasn't out for 6 weeks, or if O'Neill didn't get injured or if Martin didn't have a brain bleed. Or what if Nene didn't snap his ankle? He'd still be a Cowboy. Looking out our losses. We lost to the Dragons despite being up 10 nil and then they scored 4 tries in a row and won. If we hold on to that lead and combine it with the 2 losses when the refs boss apologised to us then boom that's 3 wins right there.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
If the queen had balls, she'd be a king too

There's no way to know whether those things you mention would of made any difference either, but get what your saying

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thurman Merman

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
If we won 3 more games we're inside the 8.
Think about if Feldt wasn't injured the first 2 months, or if Jason wasn't out for 6 weeks, or if O'Neill didn't get injured or if Martin didn't have a brain bleed. Or what if Nene didn't snap his ankle? He'd still be a Cowboy. Looking out our losses. We lost to the Dragons despite being up 10 nil and then they scored 4 tries in a row and won. If we hold on to that lead and combine it with the 2 losses when the refs boss apologised to us then boom that's 3 wins right there.
I think it just shows how poor some of the teams that just scraped into the 8 are, that even after such a bad year we still weren't too far away.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think it just shows how poor some of the teams that just scraped into the 8 are, that even after such a bad year we still weren't too far away.

Last year you needed 32 points to make the 8... this year 25 was the cutoff. Quite a big difference.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
That period before and after the Roosters game where we couldn't close out 6-7 games was the most disappointing part of the season. They were finally competing but couldn't finish off the job and they gave us heartbreaker after heartbreaker for about 2 months straight. Really demoralising stuff.

We didn't deserve to win them because we just werent good enough, but the players got themselves into a winning position. I think if they tweak a few things and finish off games like that, they can be considerably more successful next season. They are important areas that we need to tweak and get right though. We need direction from the spine and we need a ruthless forward pack. Both things were inconsistent this year. At times we had one and not the other, a lot of the time we had neither. You can't win games regularly without both.

There are a few reasons to be hopeful for next year, with the progression of players like Opacic, Molo, Drinkwater, Clifford, Wright, Dunn, Taulagi, Hola, Cotter and Gilbert. Robson looks like a good one too. If we get a couple more good signings and those aforementioned players get a lot of game time, next year isn't all doom and gloom for me.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
This has been the shittest year for football overall that I can honestly ever remember. Last year was pretty ordinary as well but this year takes the cake. There is a massive hole of talent in so many positions, halves especially. So sick of seeing athletes trying to play football, I’d rather footballers play football (if that makes sense).

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
This has been the shittest year for football overall that I can honestly ever remember. Last year was pretty ordinary as well but this year takes the cake. There is a massive hole of talent in so many positions, halves especially. So sick of seeing athletes trying to play football, I’d rather footballers play football (if that makes sense).
Halves especially, but especially hookers

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
All the people who have picked 13th 14th, have done so in last few days....I picked 12th at start of year.

I just didn’t have faith in CG and our playing group

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Who gives a shit though?

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
That period before and after the Roosters game where we couldn't close out 6-7 games was the most disappointing part of the season. They were finally competing but couldn't finish off the job and they gave us heartbreaker after heartbreaker for about 2 months straight. Really demoralising stuff.

I guess 2015 could've been like that if we didn't have a future immortal pulling games out of the fire at will. Maybe all Greeny needs is another future immortal to come through the ranks.