Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 NRL Supercoach

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong section, I just thought it’d have more of a reach being posted in here.

Anybody interested in joining a supercoach comp for members on this forum? Preferably people who’ll play the entire season and not just give up after the first few weeks. Find it’s a great way to increase my interest in other teams games as I follow certain players I have picked in my side.

Pending on the interest, we can have a 10 team comp, or a 20 team comp. If there’s enough interest i’ll create it for us.

MPW_Fanboy - The Bye
Spiral - Basket Straightins
BDR - The Pecan Sandies
Crayne07 - Cr@kers
TowtruckTronc - Sticky Wingers
Blow by blow - DOOM
samuraipolice - Cowbucks
Pharaoh - Pharaohs
Benchy - Flagoners RLFC
Jordan - Bundy bears

Last edited by a moderator:

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I play NRL Fantasy pretty religiously....would anyone else be interested?

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I play NRL Fantasy pretty religiously....would anyone else be interested?

I wouldn't mind playing Fantasy this year after a year off. Definitely should set up a comp for both that and SuperCoach

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'd be down, I play supercoach

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Alrighty guys I’ve gone and created the comp. It’s a 20 team comp so first in best dressed. If you could post in here your team name once you’ve joined I’ll update the list in the opening post so we all know who is who.

Comp name: Cowboys Stampede
Comp code: 965355

Spiral

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Just signed up. Team Name: Basket Straightins (long story...). Cheers for organising!

As a side note for anyone interested, I do a bit of writing and podcasting for NRL Supercoach Talk (https://www.nrlsupercoachtalk.com). Plenty of handy info there including a massive Mega Guide which lists out every single player and stats/ratings for them to help you along. Give it a read if you’re keen.

Shameless plug over :p

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Just signed up. Team Name: Basket Straightins (long story...). Cheers for organising!

As a side note for anyone interested, I do a bit of writing and podcasting for NRL Supercoach Talk (https://www.nrlsupercoachtalk.com). Plenty of handy info there including a massive Mega Guide which lists out every single player and stats/ratings for them to help you along. Give it a read if you’re keen.

Discovered that site this off season. Great content there to help with team selection.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

So what you're saying is the rest of us are totally f****d

My team are The Pecan Sandies

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'm in. Team name is Cr@kers. Bloke at work talked me into a tipping comp that he is running through SC so why not go all in.........

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TowtruckTronc

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Not so humble brag but i finished 208th overall last year and couldn’t find a stampede comp i was pretty off it. Keen to assert my dominance this year though. Sticky Wingers are in and looking to take home the cash this year.

TowtruckTronc

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score

I also just discovered this over the off season, great SC content and a better alternative to the DT content IMO. Keen to listen to the podcasts when they start up, will they be weekly when the rounds start?

Spiral

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I also just discovered this over the off season, great SC content and a better alternative to the DT content IMO. Keen to listen to the podcasts when they start up, will they be weekly when the rounds start?
One thing we have over the DT is the no-paywall factor at least :)

Plan is for the podcasts during the season to be out midweek (I'll be on these ones) and then also a Sunday wrap. There have been 3 released over the last couple of weeks previewing the year, available on iTunes, Spotify and a few others. Last year's winner and the winner from a few years back have also started up their own podcast which should be a great listen as well.

Also - huge effort on the finishing spot last year!

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Not so humble brag but i finished 208th overall last year and couldn’t find a stampede comp i was pretty off it. Keen to assert my dominance this year though. Sticky Wingers are in and looking to take home the cash this year.
Geeze fair effort that. Where you in with a sniff of the cash going into the last round or two?

7 confirmed starters in the comp so far. Should hopefully fill the remaining 13 spots or at the very least go close to it.

TowtruckTronc

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Geeze fair effort that. Where you in with a sniff of the cash going into the last round or two?

7 confirmed starters in the comp so far. Should hopefully fill the remaining 13 spots or at the very least go close to it.
I was hanging around the top 400 for the last few rounds but i didn’t have turbo and when he popped off in one of the last rounds and that killed me. I captained teddy in the last round and that boosted me up to 200. If i captained widdop in the early rounds when he went 150+ and rhyse martin when he went around that mark that would have just about got me top 10. Saddest thing is i didn’t even get a key ring for finishing in the 1000! It was all a myth.

samuraipolice

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Sorry mate but I'm cowbucks and I think the premmy is already mine.