Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 ISC Round 6 - Townsville (H) v Redcliffe

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Round 6
Saturday, April 13
4:00pm (local time)
Jack Manski Oval

Townsville Blackhawks

1. Zac Santo
2. Murray Taulagi
3. Shaun Hudson
4. Tom Opacic
5. Kalifa Faifai Loa
6. Kyle Laybutt
7. Michael Parker-Walshe
8. Joe Boyce
9. Krys Freeman
22. Sione Lousi
11. Jake Marketo
12. Temone Power
13. Tom Gilbert

Interchange
:
14. Levi Dodd
15. Kieran Quabba
16. Wiremu Greig
17. Jayden Stephens

Coach: Aaron Payne

Redcliffe Dolphins

1. Jayden Nikorima
2. Josh Beehag
3. Izaia Perese
4. Jeremy Hawkins
5. Jedidiah Simbiken
6. Bryce Donovan
7. Cory Paix
8. Jordan Grant
9. Hugh Pratt
10. Nick Brown
11. Tom Geraghty
12. Brayden Dee
13. Nathan Watts

Interchange:
14. James Taylor
15. Taylor Brown
16. Aaron Whitchurch
17. Harrison Smith

Coach: Adam Mogg

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
U20s squad member Wiremu Greig named to make his ISC debut

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Tualagi, O'Neill and Opacic all scoring for the Blackhawks so far

Last edited:

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
O'Neill ended up scoring a double and Gilbert got one as well.

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
O'Neill with a double and the Bully reporting how he's pressing his claims for a recall

It will be very tempting for Green to go back to Juz (and likely), but I think we need to be playing for the future for this season. Would rather someone else come in as I don't see Juz going thru to 2020

Reactions: CC

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
O'Neill was named MotM too, had a blinder by all accounts

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Don't care, time to build for the future, he has had his chances.......
You have to reward players for putting in the effort and playing well. If he did a good job, he should be in the mix. As much as i like Tuala and i think we should persevere with him, he was nothing more than ok against the Storm. O'Neill would have been hammered here if he played a game like than. I think as long as he performs for the Blackhawks, he should be in the mix.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Don't care, time to build for the future, he has had his chances.......
Normally would agree with you but don't think we can ignore a form back with the injury toll we're facing

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Of course he would of. Hes a 10 season veteran. Tuala has played 12 games.
Yep, he is, but we need a bit of consistency with how we judge individual performances. As long as the critisicm is fair and constructive i dont really have much of an issue. If any player plays well he should get praise, same as if they play poorly.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Javid Bowen was so, so for the Pride. Looked like he was not completely focussed. When he did put in he was good. The Pride needed someone to stand up, this was his chance, but he went a bit pea hearted like he was sooking a bit.

If O'neill put in, he should be back in the mix. We do not have the luxury of neglecting anyone because.

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
What is the point of bringing back O'neill, wasn't he on the same deal as Ethan Lowe, Cowboys refused to resign them, but O'neill took up his one year option, Lowe seen the written on the wall and sought employment elsewhere, and may I add he is going gangbusters, good on him. I see it as renewal (same old same old).

Last edited:

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
What is the point of bring back O'neill, wasn't he on the same deal as Ethan Lowe, Cowboys refused to resign them, but O'neill took up his one year option, Lowe seen the written on the wall and sought employment elsewhere, and may I add he is going gangbusters, good on him. I see it as renewal (same old same old).
Taulagi only just got back from injury and GGM is suspended. Could have brought Bowen in again but he's also probably on the outer and O'Neill was performing well apparently.

Could have brought Opacic in but then Kahu has to move to the wing and we've got to change combinations again, only to change them back when Feldt comes in soon.

Last edited:

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
What is the point of bringing back O'neill, wasn't he on the same deal as Ethan Lowe, Cowboys refused to resign them, but O'neill took up his one year option, Lowe seen the written on the wall and sought employment elsewhere, and may I add he is going gangbusters, good on him. I see it as renewal (same old same old).
Both took up their options. Lowe eventually had an interested party (Souths) - presumably no one was interested in O’Neill. He won’t be here next season, so I agree with you that we should look to the future. But Green is Green. He kind of loves O’Neill. Even when he went on that ridiculous streak of scoring no tries he was in the team every week. You just knew that he’d be back in quickly.