Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 ISC Prelim Final - Townsville (H) v Wynnum Manly

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Finals Week 3, Preliminary final
Saturday, September 21
3:00pm (local time)
Jack Manski Oval

Townsville Blackhawks

1. Nathan Traill
2. Zac Santo
3. Bacho Salam
4. Murray Taulagi
5. Kalifa Faifai Loa
6. Jaelen Feeney
7. Shaun Nona (c)
8. Joe Boyce
9. Josh Chudleigh
10. Corey Jensen
11. Jake Marketo
12. Temone Power
13. Tom Gilbert

Interchange
:
14. Campbell Duffy
15. Kieran Quabba
16. Dan Beasley
19. Krys Freeman

Coach: Aaron Payne

Wynnum Manly Seagulls

1. Edene Gebbie
2. Edward Burns
3. Delouise Hoeter
4. Jordan Drew
5. Junior Pauga
6. Pat Templeman
7. Sam Scarlett
8. Aaron Rockley
9. Mitch Cronin (c)
10. Matt Groat
11. Keenan Palasia
12. Alex Barr
13. Max Elliott

Interchange:
14. Jayden Berrell
15. Kelly Tate
16. Lachlan Lee
17. Kalolo Saitaua
18. Jack Goodsell

Coach: Adam Brideson

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
This is the game that Taulagi, Jensen & Gilbert need to create headlines. Show the selectors why that should have been picked in the NRL team.

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
This is the game that Taulagi, Jensen & Gilbert need to create headlines. Show the selectors why that should have been picked in the NRL team.
I'm happy if GOATbert doesn't make headlines. I'd hate for him to get poached by the filthy southerners.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Don’t rate Murray as a winger, but he could be a good centre...needs to have a big game for Coach Payne.

Gilbert will want to give his all in this pinnacle match-will want to be best on field.

Hopefully Chudleigh can score a customary try or 2.

Traill needs to be solid..Santo can create something on the wing.

Nona’s game management

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Blackhawks stalwart Daniel Beasley ready for last premiership tilt in Queensland Cup preliminary final
TRENT SLATTER, Townsville Bulletin, September 21, 2019 12:00am

DANIEL Beasley could have just 80 minutes left in his rugby league career, but the foundation Townsville Blackhawks captain believes the team is building towards something special.

Beasley will take the field at Jack Manski Oval for the last time this afternoon as the Blackhawks come up against the Wynnum Manly Seagulls for a spot in the Queensland Cup grand final.

The 27-year-old has been part of the Townsville club since day dot — save for a stint playing in France last year — but he will hang up his playing boots when this season’s finals charge comes to an end.

Beasley was a huge part of the club’s early success as he captained the Blackhawks to the minor premiership in their inaugural season 2015 only to fall at the final hurdle in the grand final against the Ipswich Jets.

The Blackhawks have somewhat flown under the radar this year — finishing the regular season in fourth before producing a brilliant 20-12 semi-final upset over minor premiers the Sunshine Coast Falcons to be one game away from their second grand final.

Townsville has still been in blistering form to win 11 of its past 12 games, but Beasley felt they’d had to do it tougher this season compared to 2015 which had helped build their confidence in each other as they prepare to face the Seagulls.

“We definitely have that feeling that we’re building towards something and there’s a lot of confidence over our recent performances,” Beasley said.

“I think 2015 was just an exceptional year and had we played anywhere near our potential (in the grand final) I think we kind of felt that we had it done and dusted.

“Where this year’s there’s probably a little less pressure or expectation on us. We’re just riding a buzz and got a bit of confidence in what we’ve done so far.

“It’s massive going out on the field and having confidence in your own ability to come away with the points as well as the confidence in your own team mates.

“You get into the trenches and know that the boys have got your back and they’re going to turn up no matter what.”

Beasley has played just seven games for the Blackhawks in his farewell season as he struggled to lock down a place at Q-Cup level — spending his time with Burdekin in the local A-grade competition.

He was called up for Townsville’s trip to Papua New Guinea in May as coach Aaron Payne looked for more experience off the bench before finally cementing his role over the last four games.

Beasley admitted it wasn’t the way he envisaged his final year playing out, but he insisted he was just happy to be back and working hard for his team mates in the black and green jersey.

“It’s been an extremely tough year and quite frustrating to be in that position, but I’m just stoked to be back in the squad at the back end of the year and be a part of what’s soon to be,” he said.

“It’s hard coming back from the level below and then trying to build your consistency and your performance to the standard that you’re playing, but I feel that I am slowly building over the last couple of weeks towards bigger and better performances.”

Beasley made the call to retire in the preseason and the workhorse forward insisted he’d had no second thoughts as he takes the chance to pursue his interests outside of rugby league.

“I’ve had a few inquiries on whether it’s my time, but with everything I’ve weighed up — body, things I’ve done in game — I think it’s time to move on to the next chapter,” he said.

“It’s a bit of a bittersweet feeling, but I’m definitely excited just to be out there regardless of what it is for personal reasons. We’re playing finals footy at home and it’s a great feeling.”

Kick-off in today’s Q-Cup preliminary final at Jack Manski Oval is at 3pm.

https://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/sport/blackhawks-stalwart-daniel-beasley-ready-for-last-premiership-tilt-in-queensland-cup-preliminary-final/news-story/b51aa03f5af745953952655a5402d987

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I guess there's no where to watch this other than being at the game?

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I guess there's no where to watch this other than being at the game?
I had a look at the Seagulls home page and they say in an article the U20's Cutters and Seagulls game will be live streamed at 1pm.

The Blackhawks vs Seagulls game at 3pm also.

Although looking at their site at this stage their is no Link to the game.

If anybody can improve on that information , please do.

ps. I cannot see also where Kayo is streaming this game, just the NSW Canterbury Cup.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I had a look at the Seagulls home page and they say in an article the U20's Cutters and Seagulls game will be live streamed at 1pm.

The Blackhawks vs Seagulls game at 3pm also.

Although looking at their site at this stage their is no Link to the game.

If anybody can improve on that information , please do.

ps. I cannot see also where Kayo is streaming this game, just the NSW Canterbury Cup.
I have used some of my royal contacts to sort this out for you. Mackay Cutters facebook page.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Blackhawks have been terrible.

Down 14 - 0 at half time and KFFL will spend the first 10 min of the 2nd half in the sin bin.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah they've been awful.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Gilbert screaming at everyone has been the highlight so far.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Going down to the wire now, wynnum down to 12 for the final 10 minutes

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
20 - 14 with 10 to go

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Wynnum win, game was there to win for the Blackhawks but they kept making errors.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Such a disappointing performance. So many stupid errors.

I hate that they went for 2 after the sin binning. Should've just gone for it. They didn't even get inside Wynnum's 20 after that. The penalty kick drained all their momentum.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So, if I am right, it is WM Seagulls vs Burleigh Bears for Grand Final.

I can live with either in the Qld Premiers vs NSW premiers on Grand Final day. I suspect Desert Cowboy will be cheering on the Seagulls.

At least now, I have something to look forward to on Grand Final day.

No Sharks
No Bronchos

Plus I can cheer for a Queensland side as well.