Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Hastings Deering Colts (U20) thread

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Northern Pride 17 (Damien Burke, Heilum Luki, Connor Rothery tries; Jai Doherty 2 goals, field goal) def. Western Mustangs 16 (Blake Cullen, Mitch Farlow, Tarkyn Loloselo tries; Sam Thompson 2 goals).

Mackay 42 (Rayden Burns 2, Walter Lauenstein 2, Logan Bayliss-Brow, Tom Irelandes, Hayden Pace, Blake Paskins tries; Brendan White 5 goals) def. Souths Logan 16 (Richard Ioane, Thane Kellermeyer, Leevai Sutton tries; Leevai Sutton 2 goals).

Great weekend for the U20s sides and our contracted players, with a lot of them scoring tries. Matti Moyle made his debut for the Pride. Walter Lauenstein now has 9 tries for the season as well. Townsville are 3rd, Pride are 4th and Mackay are 5th.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Got my hands on some Colts' stats recently. Wiremu Greig and Garrett Smith are 2 and 3 in total run metres. They also both average 148m per game, the most in the competition. Walter Lauenstein is averaging 127m per game and leads the league in tackle breaks with 98 (7.54 per game).

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Minto

I saw in a post somewhere the Cowboys in the Queensland U20's side but can't find it now. Can you point me in the right direction so I can watch out for them tomorrow.

thanks.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Minto

I saw in a post somewhere the Cowboys in the Queensland U20's side but can't find it now. Can you point me in the right direction so I can watch out for them tomorrow.

thanks.
1. Ronaldo Mulitalo
2. Treymain Spry
3. Fanitesi Niu
4. Murray Taulagi
5. Elijah Anderson

6. Braydon Trindall
7. Cory Paix (C)
8. Eddie Blacker
9. Kobe Hetherington
10. Ethan Bullemor
11. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui
12. J’maine Hopgood
13. Tom Gilbert (VC)
14. Tanah Boyd
15. Ben Condon
16. Logan Bayliss
17. Nathan Barrett
18. Garrett Smith

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Is Hamiso hurt? I notice he didn't play yesterday (Townsville won 60-18)

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hamiso scored a double in Qld’s draw with NSWCCC.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Round 17 results
Townsville 60
(Nathan Barrett 2, Keanu Wainohu-Kemp 2, Jack Althaus, Brodie Chaffey, Ben Condon, Adam Cook, Tom McCagh, Griffin Neame, Enemarki Shibasaki tries; Adam Cook 8 goals) def. Northern Pride 18 (Beau Berg 2, Tazmon McRobbie tries; Jai Doherty 3 goals).

Mackay 34 (Garrett Smith 2, Jye Andersen, Rayden Burns, Josh Smith, Brendan White tries; Brendan White 5 goals) def. CQ Capras 12 (Harrison McIndoe, Riley Shadlow tries; Christian Smith 2 goals).

Sixth straight win for Townsville, who are third and a point behind first. Keanu Wainohu-Kemp debuted last week and scored his first tries against the Pride. The Pride have been struggling since their great start to the year. Just 2 wins from their last 8. They're in 6th and in danger of falling out of the top 8. Mackay move into 5th and are doing great. Jye Andersen played his first game of the year. All the sides in the comp have a bye this weekend.