Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Cowboys in Rep teams

Desert Qlder

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don’t think his selections cost us game 3.
Ben Hunt has no business being in games of any consequence. His third tackle kick shifted momentum that Qld never recovered from.

Hunt is Walters' boy, and owns him well and truly. He doesn't stop banging on about him in press conferences and how good he is, which is quite ridiculous. The pattern of Hunt costing Qld ascendency at critical points is ongoing, and for that alone, Walters should lose his job.

Notwithstanding selections, Walters has had his shot, and now lost two series in a row. Fittler has him a whimpering mess mentally. It seems to have rubbed off on the players, as I have never seen a Qld team so cowed mentally at key moments. They were the games we used to win.

Queensland need to move on. I would personally go with Lockyer. Brings a lot of risk being another Broncos boys club member. But he is the best candidate at this point in time.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
i exploded when Hunt kicked that ball on the 3rd, absolute f***ing imbecile. Watching Chambers is also very enfuriating. So many times he could have looked to straighten up and put Gagai away but he just lacks awareness of runners around him.

thank f*** that rubbish is over tbh.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I would personally go with Lockyer. Brings a lot of risk being another Broncos boys club member. But he is the best candidate at this point in time.
Bennett wants it apparently, give it to him. At least he won't cry in press conferences.

QRL will probably give it to Hodges.

Desert Qlder

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Bennett wants it apparently, give it to him. At least he won't cry in press conferences.

QRL will probably give it to Hodges.
In fairness to Lockyer, he was a terrific captain who knew how to motivate his players. I think he will command the players far better than Walters does.

Walters is just a figure of fun and a bit of a relic.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Ben Hunt has no business being in games of any consequence. His third tackle kick shifted momentum that Qld never recovered from.

Hunt is Walters' boy, and owns him well and truly. He doesn't stop banging on about him in press conferences and how good he is, which is quite ridiculous. The pattern of Hunt costing Qld ascendency at critical points is ongoing, and for that alone, Walters should lose his job.

Notwithstanding selections, Walters has had his shot, and now lost two series in a row. Fittler has him a whimpering mess mentally. It seems to have rubbed off on the players, as I have never seen a Qld team so cowed mentally at key moments. They were the games we used to win.

Queensland need to move on. I would personally go with Lockyer. Brings a lot of risk being another Broncos boys club member. But he is the best candidate at this point in time.
I agree Walters needs to be moved on, but there really wasn’t a better option than Hunt to play hooker.

Desert Qlder

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I agree Walters needs to be moved on, but there really wasn’t a better option than Hunt to play hooker.
We are his biggest critics by far, but Queensland would have got more value from Granville. At the very least he wouldn't be constantly trying for the glory hound play.

Hunt is simply a terrible option. Consistently demonstrates poor decision making that literally costs points. Easily the worst critical position player Queensland have ever had.

Walters couldn't stop telling us how good he is, clearly in an effort to assure himself. I am not even convinced Friend would have been picked if fit.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Probably something to do with being a sex offender.

Remember that time the media cried about Moose saying something “vile” to Fifita and all he told him was that he was shit.

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Probably something to do with being a sex offender.

Remember that time the media cried about Moose saying something “vile” to Fifita and all he told him was that he was shit.
That was my guess as well... hmmm