Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2018 Round 19 Cowboys (H) v Dragons - Teams & Discussion

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think were up against it next week MacBook Pro-Pearce 3rd game back, Fitzgibbon back today with a strong game today, Barnett not to bad on the other side, Watson doing more good than bad consistently, Ponga back next week likely
Oh, I don’t doubt it. But every time I’ve ever thought about our record, we’ve been winning 1 in every 4. We’ve got 2 more wins in us this season. Newcastle are surely one of our better chances of the remaining.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
What did he do ?

How did the team benefit ?
Decent 1st game, showed enough to see again next week, has to play better than Te at 6 to take the jumper, id say hasn't done that after 1st game yet....needs to get a bit more ball next week

Your favourite team vs. the Cowboys. Hopefully you head out to the game.
I want the Cowboys to win and Ponga to do well-that is the best outcome for me

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Forced a drop out, should've had an assist if Feldt could hold onto it, defended well for 80 mins against Leilua. Very solid debut considering we're shite, our attacking structure is shite and the ball went the opposite way almost every time.
He wasn't able to play his natural game either. He's generally a dominant game managing halfback, he'll run the ball twice as much in an average game in Q Cup too. He can't really play that style with JT in the team.

butchmcrichard

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I know this won’t be popular but I don’t think Clifford made any difference

We still can’t complete sets

We still can’t score points

JT still can’t defend

We still have no direction

I didn’t notice anything Clifford did tonight

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score

JT still can’t defend

If you were expecting Clifford to be the fix-all tonight, you’re delirious.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

JT still can’t defend

might be like this for years..

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Well obviously. We lost. I don't think anyone expected a 20-year old on debut to turn the team around. If you didn't notice anything he did, then that's on you, not him.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

JT still can’t defend

There’s a head geared bloke out there pretty much trying to go down the left side every f***ing time in attack mate, which was the opposite side to Cliffords. His debut was fine.

He also didn’t put the ball into the canteen in the stands like Coote has nearly every f***ing game this year so at least one of our play makers has a kicking game.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
There’s a head geared bloke out there pretty much trying to go down the left side every f***ing time in attack mate, which was the opposite side to Cliffords. His debut was fine.
100%. JT was going left every time when we had Michael f***ing Morgan on the right. Clifford did the best he could with what he got and should've had a try assist to go with it.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Love the Butch.

But I think he needs a bonox and a lie down.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Strong debut from Clifford IMO, didn't seem phased at all and had a lot of nice touches. Only negative was a couple of defensive reads but he'll get better with experience. That whole side of Dunn/Clifford/Tuala is pretty dicey in D but they'll learn.

TMM looked decent at fullback for a first hit out too, especially in attack. Keep them there for the rest of the year if Clifford is up for it physically and mentally.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Love the Butch.

But I think he needs a bonox and a lie down.
I take it, you mean Bex, wasn't bonox that beef flavoured drink your nan gave you in winter.
I thought the kid went OK, but really looking forward to him teaming up with the Assman, he has a silky passing game, better than Te imo

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I take it, you mean Bex, wasn't bonox that beef flavoured drink your nan gave you in winter.
I thought the kid went OK, but really looking forward to him teaming up with the Assman, he has a silky passing game, better than Te imo

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Nope, I meant Bonox.

And yeah, its like vegemite you mix with hot water. Rubbish.

aqua

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Shame about the loss, we seem to be doing the same old shit every game hopefully greeny does not pick oniel again in the side. On a positive note congrats to Clifford for making his debut will be better for the run.