Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2018 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Who the fuk is SJ?????
No i'm not trolling back through the thread.
Why the fuk do people need to to speak in code???? Just name the person,,,, its not like anyones gonna get sue'd

aqua

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Who the fuk is SJ?????
Why the fuk do people need to to speak in code???? Just name the person,,,, its not like anyones gonna get sue'd
Haha Shaun Johnson mate. Another crap rumor.

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Who the fuk is SJ?????
This message will self - destruct in 5......4........

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ausmojo

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Can't believe I'm saying this but .. Klemmer.

Wants out of Sydney and needs a fresh start. We need another prop and Klemmer can come off the fence. I know he has his deficiencies but I think he'd fit in real well alongside Jordan with Scott every chance of hanging up the boots

Binky

Junior
Reaction score
Can't believe I'm saying this but .. Klemmer.

Wants out of Sydney and needs a fresh start. We need another prop and Klemmer can come off the fence. I know he has his deficiencies but I think he'd fit in real well alongside Jordan with Scott every chance of hanging up the boots
My guess is he only wants out of Sydney because Newcastle have offered 4.6m over 4 years

Donelec

Junior
Donor
Reaction score
Read an interview with BBarba in the Sunday Mail he said he is hoping to impress enough for a contract beyond next year. Said it was homesickness that brought him back to NQ so you would think he wouldn’t be wanting to go back to Sydney.
Can we afford both him and Holmes and if so where would they play. Any ideas? Maybe Thumper pr Coops retirement would leave enough cash ?

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Read an interview with BBarba in the Sunday Mail he said he is hoping to impress enough for a contract beyond next year. Said it was homesickness that brought him back to NQ so you would think he wouldn’t be wanting to go back to Sydney.
Can we afford both him and Holmes and if so where would they play. Any ideas? Maybe Thumper pr Coops retirement would leave enough cash ?
With the current number of interchanges Benny Barba is too small to play in the halves on a regular basis. As we know, Holmes can play on the wing but I'm guessing that he would not like this. A winger can basically attack on the edge of one side of the field. A fullback can attack anywhere he wants to.

A reduction in the number of interchanges would probably allow for smaller, faster halves. Smaller halves (e.g. Mortimer) were common before the interchange rule came in.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

edbeek

Junior
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Missed this from a couple of days ago, but just some confirmation that Emry Pere has moved into the Top 30 and out of the dev squad for 2019.

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2018/10/26/season-review-emry-pere/
Yes. I think he makes #28 in the top 30.

I presume Wiltshire, Cotter, Bayliss-Brow & Gilbert will be Development players.

That leaves Taulagi & Anderson. Maybe they will take the last 2 spots in the top 30.
I thought I read somewhere that players could only spend 2 years in the Development squad & also there was an age limit, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.