Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2018 Jersey

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No ANZAC jersey this year

They’re putting out an ANZAC training shirt though apparently. Sigh.
Now I'm no Mercury Rising kid when it comes to deciphering patterns... but if I was a betting man, I'd figure something like this would have been tossed up for your ANZAC jersey this year Beave

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer if we wore the white at home (in the hot) and blue away (in the cold).

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Dream's idea is reasonable. Home jersey a modernised 1995 replica. Away jersey a jersey that changes every couple of years to allow the club to flog different jerseys every couple of years.
Exactly. Its seems like such an obvious solution - something for everyone

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Maybe the younger crowd wont go for the 95' jersey-canvass their opinions first, see if they give it the ok

Return of the Mack

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
For me the 2004-2005 jersey was the worst. How bad has that aged. Looking back it looks awful. But if you looked back at the 95 jersey through 2017 eyes it still looks good.

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
They've been giving the kids what they want for almost 2 decades (well, what they probably think the kids want anyway), you cant neglect the old heads for the kids - who do you think are the people that instill a love for the game into the kids?

Like I said, traditional home jersey with a bunch of cartooney special rounds and away jerseys gives something for everyone.

GunsUp42

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
They've been giving the kids what they want for almost 2 decades (well, what they probably think the kids want anyway), you cant neglect the old heads for the kids - who do you think are the people that instill a love for the game into the kids?

Like I said, traditional home jersey with a bunch of cartooney special rounds and away jerseys gives something for everyone.
Agreed. The home jersey we all seem to want (modern take on the '95 strip) and an away strip that changes every second year or so along with the Marvel round, Anzac, Women in League etc. would be perfect. Something for everyone while still retaining a consistent identity. I think it would be great as both a fan and a player to see the original strip running out at every home game and recognising just how far we've come. The epitome of building something from nothing.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
For me the 2004-2005 jersey was the worst. How bad has that aged. Looking back it looks awful. But if you looked back at the 95 jersey through 2017 eyes it still looks good.
It was our first ever period of success so the jersey will always bring up good memories. Not that I want to go back to it either.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It was our first ever period of success so the jersey will always bring up good memories. Not that I want to go back to it either.
Its introduction was during a period of complete dire straits. And not the good ‘money for nothing and chicks for free’ dire straits, Im talking sacking a coach 4 odd games into a season, news limited taking over, getting a try scored against you from a kick off against the Warriors in NQ on Graham Murrays first ever game coaching us dire straits.......

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
^ was rockin that bad boy at the testy on Friday, my first ever jersey I bought (first time I could afford to buy one)

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind the 04, 05 strip as a herritage round strip

Jax

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Its introduction was during a period of complete dire straits. And not the good ‘money for nothing and chicks for free’ dire straits, Im talking sacking a coach 4 odd games into a season, news limited taking over, getting a try scored against you from a kick off against the Warriors in NQ on Graham Murrays first ever game coaching us dire straits.......

By fat Mark Tookey as well.

At $180 a pop I'd suggest that most jerseys aren't sold to kids.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score

Remember the kind of sponsorship we got back then....? ;(

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Remember the kind of sponsorship we got back then....? ;(
KFC is nothing to scoff at.

Although it may be an important clue in figuring out why we had so much dropped ball and missed tackles.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
By fat Mark Tookey as well.

At $180 a pop I'd suggest that most jerseys aren't sold to kids.
Remember the camera zooming in to the press box to see how Muzz was doing. The look of horror said it all. He was like ‘what the f$&@ have I done coming here??’

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Suited our club back then. If any southern clubs had too many players, we would take their overflow. CHR recruitment was another strategic partner, any former 1st graders looking for work we could get into a horn jersey too
XXXX was a pretty apt sponsor in the early days. They played like were drunk at times.....

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I wonder where this club would be without the investment of Lancini? Granted, he has not always made the best football decisions but he loves the club and has the right people (e.g. Peter Parr) involved calling the shots now (notwithstanding he still has a strong voice at the table). He has probably burnt a lot of his personal wealth and resources keeping the club alive, at times.

Last edited: