Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2017 Stampede Punters Challenge

How do you want to disperse the winnings

• Donation to Forum for running costs

• F#%k no I want the Money

Results are only viewable after voting.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE CROWNED THE STAMPEDE PUNTER OF THE YEAR!!!!

Thought perhaps this year all the "Top" punters can put their money where their tips are.
Below is my thoughts for starting, open to other ideas though, dont want anything to complicated as it would become to hard to track
1. $10 Entry Fee - Money to Donation account for holding?
I was thinking the entry fee could just be a donation to the forum to help with upgrade & running costs. Perhaps then @Dream would be able to add "2017 Stampede Champion Punter" to the winners Avatar thingy whatever its called. See Poll
2. Each punter nominates $10 theoretical bets each week - could be horses, dogs nrl... anything that can be placed as a bet with the main Australian betting agencies (nothing obscure like the east Latvian chess championships or tennis so it seems ;) ) Excludes multis due to variance between bookies, so win/place bets only??
I'm thinking to limit it to NRL (Single games only), & Gallops, Trots or Dog in Australia only
3. Runs for regular season games (26 weeks)
4. Runs from Thursday to Thursday.
5. Punter with the most money in "bank" at end wins
Perhaps a weekly thread where punters nominate their bets, thread gets closed at say 6pm thursday, no bets for that week, then no return. The tip must be posted before the event obviously. This way if for example @Paulo wanted to back some nag in R1 at Kunnarra on tuesday pm then thats fine.
Only the first $10 worth of bets are counted & the bets must be nominated in the designated thread, not the general betting thread???
An alternative could be just horses, dogs etc & points awarded for finishing position eg 3pts for 1st, 2pts-2nd 1pt-3rd. Member with most points at end wins

Once all the criteria/rules have been finalized & participants paid then a R1 Punting thread can be set up

Copy the next post and add your name to the list if you want to have a bit of fun throughout the year whilst helping the forum running costs.

If you want to be involved & have some other suggestions then put them up for discussion perhaps.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking to limit it to NRL (Single games only), & Gallops, Trots or Dog in Australia only
I'd like to see it extend a bit further than that if possible. I tend to bet on UFC and WWE events a fair bit through sportsbet and have no real interest in animal racing outside of Melbourne Cup.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Happy do to the little badge under the username for the winner if there's enough interest.

There might be some sort of punter's club competition system set up at one of the betting agencies, would be good for you guys to have it all automated.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
I'd like to see it extend a bit further than that if possible. I tend to bet on UFC and WWE events a fair bit through sportsbet and have no real interest in animal racing outside of Melbourne Cup.
I spose all you may have to do is post a link to show the "win" price perhaps, wouldnt worry me.

Maybe "weekly winner" could nominate a particular event/race/game that all must place at least 1 bet on????

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
You can bet on anything you like M.o.M-if you can get the bet on, post it.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
This isn't just the general punting thread. There's going to be rules in this.
Just use your common sense-if you can get the bet on with a betting company that all other competition participants can, post it.
MMA and wrestling are fine

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I dont want the prizemoney going to the forum-forum already has many benefactors.
Make the prizemoney for the winner
Charities are like vampires-sick of being accosted at every shopping centre i go to

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Why would you bet on wwe? That shit isn't even real :sorry:

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I dont want the prizemoney going to the forum-forum already has many benefactors.
Make the prizemoney for the winner
Charities are like vampires-sick of being accosted at every shopping centre i go to
But it could go to Dream and Jordan's end of year sunday sesh fund at the Normanby..

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Why would you bet on wwe? That shit isn't even real :sorry:
Because it's ridiculously fun. If you're a wrestling fan, try have a punt on some of the bigger Pay Per Views. You get so much more invested in the matches.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Sign me up if this is going ahead, I only really bet on UFC and NRL though.

If we go by the $10 rule would we be restricted to a single $10 bet or could you do for example 5 $2 bets

Sounds like a bit of fun but maybe we should do a dry run where we play for free before we chip in to a pot. Might generate more interest that way and people can drop in or out as the season progresses without it being a big deal.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Sign me up if this is going ahead, I only really bet on UFC and NRL though.

If we go by the $10 rule would we be restricted to a single $10 bet or could you do for example 5 $2 bets

Sounds like a bit of fun but maybe we should do a dry run where we play for free before we chip in to a pot. Might generate more interest that way and people can drop in or out as the season progresses without it being a big deal.
You can do 5 $2 bets if you wish B...multis, anything...if other participants have access and opportunity to do the bet you want to do, go for it.