Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2015 Round 11 Cowboys (A) v Tigers - Teams & Discussions (MPW SAGA)

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
North Queensland Toyota Cowboys (A) v Wests Tigers

Round 11
Saturday
23 May 2015
7:30pm
Campbelltown Sports Stadium
#NRLCowboysTigers

Cowboys

1 Lachlan Coote
2 Matthew Wright
3 Justin O'Neill
4 Kane Linnett
5 Antonio Winterstein
6 Michael Morgan
7 Ray Thompson
8 Ben Hannant
9 Jake Granville
10 Sam Hoare
11 Gavin Cooper
12 Ethan Lowe
13 John Asiata

Interchange:

14 Rory Kostjasyn
15 Glenn Hall
16 Ben Spina
17 Kelepi Tanginoa
18 MPW

Coach: Paul Green

Tigers

1 James Tedesco
2 Kevin Naiqama
3 David Nofoaluma
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Pat Richards
6 Mitch Moses
7 Luke Brooks
8 Matthew Lodge
9 Dene Halatau
10 Keith Galloway
11 Curtis Sironen
12 Kyle Lovett
13 Martin Taupau

Interchange

14 Ava Seumanufagai
15 Jack Buchanan
16 Sauaso Sue
17 Delouise Hoeter
18 Brendan Santi
20 Joel Luani

Coach: Jason Taylor

Match Officials

Referees: Matt Cecchin, Gavin Morris
Sideline Officials: Michael Wise, Kasey Badger
Video Referees: Shayne Hayne, Luke Phillips

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
As I said in another thread, it is interesting to see Tigers fans on other forums saying they are glad Farah is not playing...

Even if he is out of form, I would rather no-Farah. Players like that only need one game to turn it around (and two of Jarryd Hayne's best years started with us playing him into form).

Jamamio

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Its an interesting thought. I think the tigers are a very off the cuff team, where as I don't see Farah in that mold. Having said that, he's still there best player (as much as I don't like him).

Napoli

Sent Off
Reaction score
The Tigers' halves are unaffected for this game. They deserve to be strong favourites. Not expecting to win this. Would like to see Green pick an aggressive and attacking team though.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
The Tigers' halves are unaffected for this game. They deserve to be strong favourites. Not expecting to win this. Would like to see Green pick an aggressive and attacking team though.
Napoli, do you think we should thus beat them with percentages (like we did Brisbane) or just throw everything at them in attack (as good as we can with player out...)....???

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Its an interesting thought. I think the tigers are a very off the cuff team, where as I don't see Farah in that mold. Having said that, he's still there best player (as much as I don't like him).
I can't stand him, but he is still one of the best players in the league...

Napoli

Sent Off
Reaction score
Napoli, do you think we should thus beat them with percentages (like we did Brisbane) or just throw everything at them in attack (as good as we can with player out...)....???
Should throw everything at them. I doubt we can beat them playing conservatively with Tamou and Scott out.

Jamamio

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think you are overrating there forwards without Woods.

I don't see Galloway as being any better than Hannant.

The only threat in their pack might be Taupau.

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Should throw everything at them. I doubt we can beat them playing conservatively with Tamou and Scott out.
Changing the way the entire team has played over the start of this year because we lose a few players is not the way to go. It just disrupts the flow of the guys still there (which is the majority of the team). Fill the holes as best we can, but don't chance the game plan that has us winning 7 straight.

Jamamio

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
If we lose this week, its not the end of the world. But if we win its the greatest streak in our clubs history :p

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think you are overrating there forwards without Woods.

I don't see Galloway as being any better than Hannant.

The only threat in their pack might be Taupau.
But let's not forget, no Tamou, no Scott, no Bolton, no Taumalolo and maybe Asiata have to play as a back.... A massive hit to our own forward pack. Thank god we have some confidence/momentum.

I knew it was our turn

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I am with Cowboy 4 life on this one. Green has spent a long time getting our team to play to a disciplined plan. He wont be throwing that out the window for this game. The old throw everything at them in a flurry of attack has never worked for us in past origin periods.

I am dirty about Lui as this is the only period he would come in handy.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I am with Cowboy 4 life on this one. Green has spent a long time getting our team to play to a disciplined plan. He wont be throwing that out the window for this game. The old throw everything at them in a flurry of attack has never worked for us in past origin periods.

I am dirty about Lui as this is the only period he would come in handy.
I watched (living in Canberra) an origin depleted Cowboys team get hammered by a near wooden spoon Raiders last year, hence my pessimism. Ray offered nothing in attack that day, and Lui left his tackling abilities at the Townsville airport. Our forwards got smashed by Shillington who was out of form.

Last edited:

Napoli

Sent Off
Reaction score
I watched an origin depleted Cowboys team get hammered by a near wooden spoon Raiders last year, hence my pessimism. Ray offered nothing in attack that day, and Lui left his tackling abilities at the Townsville airport. Our forwards got smashed by Shillington who was out of form.
Ray Thompson was the halfback that day ... our worst performance of the season.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Ray Thompson was the halfback that day ... our worst performance of the season.
Robert Lui was the worst player on the field that day.

Granty

Administrator
Reaction score
with Lui out, I'd make our halves:

(7) Ray Thompson
(6) John Asaita​

but then, I'm crazy :crazy:

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Assuming DCE is out and Morgo gets a call up instead of Hunt, I would probably go with;

1. Santo
6. Coote
7. Thompson
9. Granville

It's moving Coote and taking a gamble on Santo (he's been carving it up in the Q-Cup has he not?) but seriously, what's the worst that could happen?