Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2015 Finals Week 1 Cowboys (A) v Broncos - Teams & Discussions

Granty

Administrator
Reaction score

2015 Finals Week 1 Cowboys (A) v Broncos - Teams & Discussions

North Queensland Toyota Cowboys (A) v Brisbane Broncos

Saturday
September 12
7.55pm
Suncorp Stadium

Cowboys

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Justin O’Neill
4. Kane Linnett
5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Michael Morgan
7. Johnathan Thurston (c)
8. Matt Scott (c)
9. Jake Granville
10. James Tamou
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Ethan Lowe
13. Jason Taumalolo

Interchange:

14. Rory Kostjasyn
15. John Asiata
16. Scott Bolton
17. Ben Hannant
18. Ray Thompson
19. Matthew Wright

Coach: Paul Green

Broncos

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Sam Thaiday
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

Interchange:

14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Mitchell Dodds
16. Jo Ofanhengaue
17. Kodi Nikorima

Match Officials

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Michael Wise
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Luke Patten

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Brisbane away - week one finals SEP 12

This is all but guaranteed happening. Who'll be making the trek into donkey territory to see us book a home prelim final at smiles? For those going, will you be buying tickets in the away bay?

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
This has got me thinking actually... I wonder if its plausible to drive from Townsville to Brisbane and back in a weekend. Leave Friday night...arrive saturday morn (around 16-17 hours from memory).. Possibly get a motel saturday night and leave early sunday. Would be exhausting, but I'll probably consider it lol.

fanfromsingapore

F
This has got me thinking actually... I wonder if its plausible to drive from Townsville to Brisbane and back in a weekend. Leave Friday night...arrive saturday morn (around 16-17 hours from memory).. Possibly get a motel saturday night and leave early sunday. Would be exhausting, but I'll probably consider it lol.
I used to do that from near Rocky to Brisbane return on the weekend. I was exhausted at both ends.

Take a flight. You might fork out a bit of money but it's better than walking around like a zombie. What if your car trip is delayed? Breakdown, broken windshield, hit a kangaroo? What if you fall asleep and kill someone? Not worth it bro.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
That'd be a huge effort if you could:
a) complete both drives with the lack of sleep
and
b) stay off the cans in brisbane to complete the return leg

will be hard to stay off the cans when we go on to beat the donkeys. for what it's worth, flights are going for about $310 return which is about as cheap as we'll get.

willow11

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Was going to but have realised we are no chance so probably not

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
We should send the U20's instead to get some finals experience.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I used to do that from near Rocky to Brisbane return on the weekend. I was exhausted at both ends.

Take a flight. You might fork out a bit of money but it's better than walking around like a zombie. What if your car trip is delayed? Breakdown, broken windshield, hit a kangaroo? What if you fall asleep and kill someone? Not worth it bro.

Yeah true, bit of a tough ask. Flights seem to be a bit expensive anyways for that weekend so I'll probably just watch it on TV. At least we're guaranteed a home final at some stage.

The_Darkhorse

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Last time I did it, it was closer to 19 hours with the amount of roadworks.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
This is all but guaranteed happening. Who'll be making the trek into donkey territory to see us book a home prelim final at smiles? For those going, will you be buying tickets in the away bay?
I am deciding if I go. Probably by my self seeing I am the only Cowboy in the family. Only have to drive from the Coast or could catch a train from Robina. Have to check to see if the ticket includes free train ride to Brisbane.

NQ Boy

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Only positive of us finishing third is that i live in bris which means I only have to fly up to townsville once (had budgeted for 2 townsville trips + GF). So glad i didn't book my first flight a month ago as I was sure we'd finish top 2.

Chinners

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I'll be training it from Gold Coast. Will be epic atmosphere. Will be cheering on a broncos loss or roosters win if need be this weekend. I'm thinking tickets will sell out pretty quick. Will prob go away supporters bay

ausmojo

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score

Chinners

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Do it. Have Monday off

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
If things work out well (i.e. Home prelim, followed by GF); I'm seriously considering a road-based odyssey from TSV to SYD. My concern is the trip back (taking 2+ days) and missing out on the initial celebrations in TSV.

ausmojo

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
If things work out well (i.e. Home prelim, followed by GF); I'm seriously considering a road-based odyssey from TSV to SYD. My concern is the trip back (taking 2+ days) and missing out on the initial celebrations in TSV.
Me too.

Flights are non existent at this point!!

mitchm

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I would say if they make the GF that extra flights would definitely be added for everyone

ausmojo

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I would say if they make the GF that extra flights would definitely be added for everyone
You'd hope so.

Pretty much everything is sold out around those dates and what is actually available is about $1000 return